Monday, August 19, 2013

Laughingly

When I start out to write a blog, it generally finds it's way here to develop and become something. I am not sure what it is to be......just thoughts on a screen. A moment in passing.
I used to do my "great" musings while washing dishes or cleaning the house. The activity drowns out any hope for interruption and I can let my mind wander where it wants to.
I keep a real journal and track things like sleep habits and what I was actively dealing with. I find that through the years, the things I thought were important are becoming less so and seeking peace/happiness is like a quest.  I bank on the memories of others.

I always thought traveling would be incredible but then realized I left people at home that I wanted to experience it with.  Then you run into that whole "I missed you until you were actually here." syndrome.  Absence does make the heart grow fonder.  The lack of me having to stop for the 5th time to let someone out to go pee just has a profound effect on your perception of travel.  Lately some of my trips have been marred by influences from out of my circle.  I have a circle of people I let in. I readily take their calls and make time specifically for them.  It amazes me how the dynamics of a relationship can change.  I grew up in a very unstable household.  It was unorthodox from the beginning and just escalated to what it is now, which is strained at times but familiar.

I was a recreational dater.  I would date just so I did not have to sit at home.  I worked every chance I got so I did not have to be at home.  It certainly wasn't for the money.
I saw an old friend a few weeks back and he said "I always admired your ability to just jump in and get the job done." I had no idea I even possessed that quality.  Years ago, I took on impossible tasks to just get the challenge conquered.  I rarely enjoyed the journey.  I never had plans or lists.  I suddenly have a GPS to take me on an unexpected trip to the grocery store.  If you had to read the snail trail my GPS leaves, you would be so dizzy and confused.  I sometimes go the direct route but if given time, I take the scenic byway.  I always have.  I find the funny in everything.  Even the most dire and serious of consequences.
Being able to laugh with someone is just the greatest gift ever.  Things shift and blend.  I remember laughing with my friends and if their quick wit couldn't grasp it, we worked on it until they could. People truly make the world go around. The one's who do not know how to or are too lazy to network
are missing out on the greatest secret of life.  Science has already proven that in order to find a compatible friend, your sub-concios actually seeks out key features that you can identify quickly and any amount of gold isn't going to be distracting enough to take away from psychic bond,,,,that is so very true.
Just keep yourself in check because you just never realize the beauty of a friendship until they both decide to go out at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment