Sunday, March 11, 2012

Low Places

I have become a creature of bad habit. I do not have to get up at a certain time on most days and some of my closest friends know exactly when to call or text me like psychics on the prowl. I will not abide by rules and unless something is pressing into financial ruin, I will procrastinate as long as I can.
Who is this person?
I have always been a "By the rules and very punctually correct person" so for the clocks to be ticking away all at a different and very incorrect time, I am on the brink of madness. 
I actually sat down and watched a complete mini series and even tried to watch an hour and a half movie. One that I was not paid to watch. I am really slipping somewhere over the edge.  In my defense, I worked on projects while the mini series played but it ran it's entire length without me having to rewind once.  It was horror.

I have not cooked a real, honest 100% from scratch anything meal since Christmas and even then, do not tell my mother, I cheated on the mashed potatoes. 
I used to pride myself on being a "Martha Stewart on steroids and a budget" kind of gal but somewhere, I have let something else much darker slip in. Is Facebook to blame? Is my attention span of a gnat to foster the burden? I will try to do better. Right now, I am ashamed to admit, I have laundry that I washed & folded but still did not put away.  I think that by admitting it in a semi public eye, I will hold myself more accountable to do the mundane tasks that need to be done daily that keep my wheels of sanity turning. 
I will tackle losing weight tomorrow. No sense letting Ben & Jerry's stock slip just yet.

1 comment:

  1. You're probably like me, taking on too much, feeling overwhelmed,l so nothing gets done in a timely manner. Or, you're just getting old and slowing down. :-)

    ReplyDelete