Monday, March 5, 2012

Heartbreaking Day

While driving down the road today I saw a lady kneeling by a roadside memorial. I pass this site often and see the tiny white cross with fresh flowers.  The stuffed animals perched in care, waiting.  
Today was a little different.  In the sunshine, a mother was grieving her 17 year old daughter.  May 5th will mark a year since she died in a car wreck. I could almost hear the mother's sobs as she clawed at the grass, reaching for someone who was no longer there.   
In one poignant moment....today had such a bittersweet feeling. I wanted to stop and tell her "She is no longer there" but sometimes heartstrings need a place to tie themselves to on earth.  The empty place needs to be filled somehow until time can soften the edges.  Everyone is so busy living their life.  
Take time for each other and hug your babies.

2 comments:

  1. Heartbreaking. My sister lost her son to an accident 2 days before his 16th birthday. She has never stopped grieving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry.
      I started to not write about this today but after seeing her, that Eric Clapton song "Tears in Heaven" came on the radio and I thought it was just too much coincidence to not mention it. Too many things falling into place.

      Delete