Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Listening Is Not The Same As Hearing

I think once a day I just glaze over what I am being told or listening to either in conversation or on the tv/radio.  My mind is wandering elsewhere.  Usually dwelling on laundry I forgot in the washer, or trying to maneuver traffic in my mind. I do not want to confront the demons that sit right outside my door or across the table when I do not have the answer they seek.

How often do we listen to a friend telling their latest plight, only to just say "Uh-huh. Okay" ?
There are people protesting in cities but when I saw the last interview with the local organizer, he had no idea what their agenda was.  I sometimes feel the same. I am passionate about the fight but as far as exactly what we are fighting for or about, I haven't a clue.

I took on a job that I love only to have it modified and dictated to death. I have people who I desperately want to talk to about it, but I cannot.  I removed myself from the prime spot on the list to save a friendship and the friend doesn't have a clue of  the sacrifices I made.  That is my cross to bear.
 I just wish some people could stop long enough to listen and I hope I do a better job of doing the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment